plotting pdf"s from layout

I'm having lots of problems trying to plot pdf"s from layout, once I settle the paper size and the rest of the conditions,when I go to modify for example from portrait to landscape, the paper size, without me wanting, changes to letter or other, once I deal with the paper size, and finally print, the image dissapears and I never have a chance to order "do pdf"and browse to file it to the place I want.
Can someone tell me what is happening.
Thanks
Pape

I have noticed similar behavior, not just limited to PDF plotting, but for other printers on my network. Changing devices, paper sizes, or orientation seems to be a little buggy.
I prefer to do command-line based plotting using SCRIPTs.

Start plot using the typed command -PLOT (not PLOT, but -PLOT). Record the -PLOT command and the responses you need in a notepad, one response per line, and save as a file with a .SCR extension. If you do this correctly, you'll be able to drag'n'drop the .SCR file into a drawing to get exactly the same plot specifications every time.
Example: (I call this one Adobe_Layout1_Letter_Landscape.scr)
-PLOT
Yes

Adobe_PDF
Letter
Inches
Landscape
Yes
Extents
Fit
Yes
Optra_N_ME.ctb
Yes
No
No
No
No
No
Y

Combine a SCRIPT collection with a LISP program that selects the appropriate script based on the contents of the drawing (key on the titleblock name for example), and you'll end up with a lightning-fast way to plot. I put a call to this LISP routine on a button for easy one-touch plotting!