F7 Grid

I am new to Intellicad. I have loaded V8.1 to two PC's. On one I have set the startup so that the grid(F&) does not appear. On the other I cannot get it to hold that setting. Every time I open Intellicad the screen shows the grid.
I have also set F7 to off and saved the .dwt file but still no good. Can anyone help?

Such GRID (ON/OFF) default settings are saved at icad.dwt file, typically located at C:\Program Files\CMS\CMS IntelliCAD 8.1 Premium Edition Plus\Templates\icad.dwt

You need to review the TEMPLATES path at the program OPTIONS . Use command: OPTIONS , _CONFIG, Ribbon tools tab > Options... or use the traditional TOOLS > Options... dropdown menu

F7 Grid

CMS Inc wrote:Such GRID (ON/OFF) default settings are saved at icad.dwt file, typically located at C:\Program Files\CMS\CMS IntelliCAD 8.1 Premium Edition Plus\Templates\icad.dwt

You need to review the TEMPLATES path at the program OPTIONS . Use command: OPTIONS , _CONFIG, Ribbon tools tab > Options... or use the traditional TOOLS > Options... dropdown menu

I have set the icad.dwt and drawing1.dwg to both not show grid and saved them. Still get grid showing every time I first start Intellicad.

You can also create an icad.lsp text file using MS Notepad. Make sure to rename the *.txt file extension to *.lsp

Then, place the file at:
CMS IntelliCAD 8.1 PE+:
C:\Program Files\CMS\CMS IntelliCAD 8.1 Premium Edition Plus
CMS IntelliCAD 8.1 PE:
C:\Program Files\CMS\CMS IntelliCAD 8.1 Premium Edition

Editing the content of such lisp file is also a way to auto-load lisp routines using LOAD instruction as:
(load "C:\\lisp routines folders path here\\file name.lsp")

Use "\\" between each folder along the folders path.

I am also new to CMS IntelliCAD and I am evaluating 8.1 for my engineering company. I am having the same problem with the grid - no matter what I do I can't get it to stay off. Each time I open CMS IntelliCAD it appears and I have to turn it off. Quite bothersome. Is this a known issue or a bug?