file not saved

more issues with version 8.1
today the program decided to not save my drawing changes. Even saveas does not work.
Program goes through the motions suggesting that it is saving but in reality its not.

This has happened a while back, but after a few days it started working again and i never found out why.

I know when this is happening because when I save then close, the program ignores the close command.
If I select exit, I'm asked to save changes/yes/no/cancel. Selecting save, the program looks like it is saving but when it finishes saving the program does not close.

Performing a cold restart has no effect, so I now have to revert to version 7 (still installed on the PC.)

No viruses etc on PC, scans just completed!

If I can't save changes :?: :?: :?: :cry:

Re: file not saved

More info:

I tried again today with version 8, opened a drawing and then purged, then saveas (same name as existing but appended 2).
Drawing number at the very top of the Icad screen displayed new name.
I then saved the file, drawing number at the top of the Icad screen reverted back to the original number. (neither the saveas or the save resulted in a change to the file in windows explorer.

Thought I would try the 'recover' command.
selected the same file for recovery and got the error message:

Error: No Interface.
(path to drawing)

Unable to open this drawing.
It contains incorrect or corrupt information.

The recover command may be able to extract undamaged information from this drawing.

Do you want Intellicad to attempt to recover this file?
yes/no

I select yes and:

Error: No Interface.
(path to drawing)

Unable to open this drawing.
It contains incorrect or corrupt information
That is too extensive to repair.

OK so why can I open the file in Icad version 7 and modify the drawing with no issues what so ever, Yet Icad 8 will open the file normally but will not save any changes what ever I try?

Re: file not saved

Further update, progress :)

Having 2+months work in this drawing, and working in version 7 is hard going, I felt I had to try something different.

I tried a 'dodge' I learnt many many years ago, DXFOUT

I opened the drawing in version 7 and created a DXF of the drawing. Closed 7 and then opened version 8.1 and opened the DXF file followed by saveas.
This created a new file, watching the folder in windows explorer, displaying current date and time. I hit 'save' a few times, each time seeing an updated file in explorer. This new file also opens in version 7.

So, somehow the file(s) are becoming corrupt but only to version 8.1 :?: (lucky for me I have set the default file to save in 2010 format, which allows version 7 to open the files)

I have had to do this with 5 files that previously would not save changes in version 8.1. I have found nothing to indicate why this is happening.
So far I have not received any reply to my sending feed back (via help drop down menu)