• Download & Store

    Download now!

    ETOOLBOX Free CAD Viewer
    QuoteCAD Manufacturing

    Store - Buy Online


    • Standalone perpetual licenses
    • Network Floating Licenses
    • Subscription Licenses
    • Upgrade Licenses
    • Dedicated Support
    • Learn CAD online

  • Login
  • Register
    • Download & Store

      Download now!

      ETOOLBOX Free CAD Viewer
      QuoteCAD Manufacturing

      Store - Buy Online


      • Standalone perpetual licenses
      • Network Floating Licenses
      • Subscription Licenses
      • Upgrade Licenses
      • Dedicated Support
      • Learn CAD online

    • Unanswered topics
    • Active topics
  1. Home
  2. Board index
  3. CMS IntelliCAD
  4. New User

Can I set the default file type to open?

Moderators: CMS Inc, avaernes

  • Print view
Post Reply
  1. Home
  2. Board index
  3. CMS IntelliCAD
  4. New User
3 posts
Display posts from previous
Sort by
bb.cnc.craft
bb.cnc.craft
Rank:
Newbie
Posts:
2
Joined:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:58 pm

Can I set the default file type to open?

#1 by bb.cnc.craft
I work exclusively with DXF files. I easily found how to set DXF as my default file SAVE type, but how can I set DXF as my default file OPEN type, so I don't always have to use the drop-down to select DXF?

Thanks and regards,
- Bill
  • Quote
  • Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:35 pm
User avatar
QuanNguyen
Rank:
Valued Contributor
Posts:
426
Joined:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:50 pm
Contact:
  • Website

Re: Can I set the default file type to open?

#2 by QuanNguyen
bb.cnc.craft wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:35 pm
I work exclusively with DXF files. I easily found how to set DXF as my default file SAVE type, but how can I set DXF as my default file OPEN type, so I don't always have to use the drop-down to select DXF?

Thanks and regards,
- Bill
Hi Bill,
Please use the DXFIN command instead of.
Regards.
  • Quote
  • Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:35 pm
bb.cnc.craft
bb.cnc.craft
Rank:
Newbie
Posts:
2
Joined:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:58 pm

Re: Can I set the default file type to open?

#3 by bb.cnc.craft
QuanNguyen wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:35 pm

Hi Bill,
Please use the DXFIN command instead of.
Regards.
Thank you Quan, but this is not really a solution, and actually requires more typing/input than using the drop-down.
I simply want it to initially default to DXF instead of DWG for initial file opening. I'm pretty sure this can be done, even Draftsight can do this.
  • Quote
  • Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:49 am

Latest Posts
3 posts
Post Reply

Return to “New User”

Jump to
  • CMS IntelliCAD
  • -     FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
  • -     General
  • -     AutoLisp/SDS
  • -     VBA, . NET & IRX
  • -     -     FAQ
  • -     New User
  • -     Small Business
  • -     Realistic Rendering
  • -     Bonus
  • -     Free CAD .DWG Blocks
  • -     License Management
  • -     Store, Accounts and Purchases
  • -     Academic
  • QuoteCAD Manufacturing
  • -     General
  • -     Quotation and Manufacturing
  • -     Database Manager
  • -     License Management
  • ETOOLBOX CAD Viewer
  • -     General
  • -     License management
iCAD v15 failed creation of c…
Hi i'm an updater from v12.1 and had to uninstall v15 (manteinance updated) and run back to v12.1 cause with v15 it
ant64, Fri Oct 09, 2026 8:51 am
Artisan with cms 15
Hi everyone, is it possible to use Artisan 1.1 (which I used with CMS 12) in version 15? Thank you.
magh10, Fri Oct 09, 2026 12:31 am
User avatar
Re: [v15.0] DISTANCE command …
The fix will be available on the next maintenace build.
CMS Inc, Tue Oct 06, 2026 1:48 pm
Re: [v15.0] DISTANCE command …
I installed maintenance build 15.0.587.175583.PE+.VC17.x64.CMS150, but the problem persists; it doesn't happen cons
andcip, Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:11 pm

  • Home
  • Board index
  • FAQ
  • Privacy
  • Terms
  • All times are UTC-06:00
  • It is currently Sun Oct 11, 2026 1:18 pm
Copyright © 1993-2026 CAD-Manufacturing Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved. ETOOLBOX , QUOTECAD and CADhobby are CMS, Inc. US trademarks no. 4,374,633 ; 3,463,607 and 7,391,196 respectively.
Avatar icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com

Login




Register